- Retail sales in Knightsbridge increased +4% from June 2022 to June 2023, ahead of King’s Road (+1%), but behind Sloane Street (+9%) and Marylebone (+27%). We see the same trends on a year-on-2019 basis.
- Knightsbridge sales growth is driven by a +17% increase in customers, offset by a -11% fall in Average Revenue Per Customer (ARPC).
- June 2023 vs June 2022, Food & Drink had the strongest sales growth +14%, although it contributes just 6% of Knightsbridge sales. General Retail sales, 76% of sales overall, grew by +4%. Fashion, 11% of June 2023 sales, had flat growth. Health & Beauty, with just 2% of sales, dropped by -8% on a year-on-year basis.
- On a year-on-2019 basis, Fashion sales continue to sky-rocket +83%, Health and Beauty is up +17%, while General Retail sales are flat, and Food & Drink is down -8%.
- Share of sales to customers from the combined areas of Chelsea & Kensington, Central London, South London and West London have declined further from 36% in June 2019 to 23% in June 2023, while over the same time period share of sales to customers from the rest of Greater London have increased from 5% to 11%.
- Share of sales to customers from Rest of GB is up from 54% in May to 59% in June 2023, in line with June 2019.
See the full report here.