- Retail sales in Knightsbridge increased +3% from May 2022 to May 2023, ahead of both King’s Road (-4%) and Sloane Square (-1%) but behind Marylebone (+19%). On a year-on-2019 basis, Knightsbridge has the strongest sales performance.
- A year-on-year increase in customers of +12% offset an -8% decline in Average Revenue Per Customer (ARPC).
- Sales from Fashion, Food & Drink, General Retail and Health & Beauty all increased by +3% to +6% on a year-on-year basis. On a year-on-2019 basis, Fashion sales have sky-rocketed, but the other three sectors have also grown by +5% to +11%.
- Share of sales to customers from the combined areas of Chelsea & Kensington, Central London, South London and West London have declined from 33% in 2019 to 27% in 2023, while over the same time period share of sales to customers from the rest of Greater London have increased from 4% to 10%.
- The share of sales to customers from Rest of GB has declined in 2023 to an average of 58%, close to the 2019 average of 59% and lower than the 2022 average of 64%
See the full report here.